Friday, December 16, 2011

Day 8

     Today was the ending day of the class but don't worry! I will continue posting until the end of my travels. Gabe and I woke up fairly early and we ate a final breakfast as a class. Then, everyone got packed up, said goodbye, and went their separate ways. A few people were staying in Vienna a little longer so Gabe and I made plans to meet up with them tomorrow and go to a Palace. Gabe and I hopped on the subway and checked in at our hostel we would be staying at for two days before we head to Prague. After we checked in, we decided to explore Vienna a little more. We went to a torture museum, thinking it might help with my project of seeing Vienna as a model of social justice and service but unfortunately it was very low budget and although somewhat educational, mostly just weirded us out. The museum was very small and in what seemed to be a old bunker so it was underground. Right next door there was an Aquarium/Zoo so we decided to visit that next. I love animals in general so I had a blast there. After that, we were pretty tired from the long day and went back to the hostel to rest.
Our new humble abode! ...at least for the next two days

The entrance to the torture museum

Here come the Aquarium pictures! Cool Bony fish

Bearded dragon saying hey

Ribbit..


Smile!

I found a pirate turtle stuffed animal. :)

I named him Crush for obvious reasons

At the top of the Aquarium there was a outlook balcony so we were able to see all of Vienna from here

Down the streets

Overlooking a playground

No comments:

Post a Comment